Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Funny Mommy-Moments

I love that we all have those old sayings in the back of our heads. You know, the ones your parents used and you swore as a child that you would never repeat them to your own children.

"Life is not fair"
"Because I said so"
"Some day you will thank me for this"
"There are children starving in China, finish your vegetables"


These are a few examples of the ones I heard frequently...a little more frequently than I would have liked. The funny part is that I have repeated every one of these, and most of them, on a daily basis. This morning as a rather obese raccoon was picking through the trash in the can I found myself preaching to my kids. I couldn't help but let them know about the overpopulation of certain species in our neighborhoods. The problem that comes from little kids that don't eat all their food, the food gets thrown away, and the "wild" animals come to the neighborhoods (where it is not safe for them, or us) to eat the food. The greatest part came just as I was finishing my sermon. My three year old looked at me with his huge blue eyes and said with child like wonder
"Mommy, can I go outside and pet him, he can be my friend. I will feed him all my food!!"
I couldn't help but giggle. Moments like this are ones that will never be forgotten. In fact they will be treasures that I will always hold dear~!

1 comment:

  1. That's my Geo. I am sure that Rocky and his friends would love to join us for dinner and help George with his leftovers.

    ReplyDelete