Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Finding Inspiration

Finding inspiration can be the easiest or the most difficult part of any day! I guess it depends upon what your trying to get inspired to do or be......for me, I find that different things that create a spark in me.

To be a better mom. I find inspiration through my kids. Every time I shout or snap at them and I see the look on their faces, it pushes me to be a better mom. Whenever I see an episode of "Super Nanny", I can relate to what is happening to those people and I try to apply it to my life. Or, I simply think..."Glad that is NOT me!"

To be a better businesswoman "Mousewife", I find inspiration in successful moms like Julie Clark, founder of "Baby Einstein". She took a simple idea and created an empire that was eventually purchased by Disney...wow!!

To be a better wife, I find my inspiration for this area through my husband. He is the rock that anchors my family. He is not only a great husband, but he is a wonderful father, son, brother, uncle, partner, lover, and best friend....but he is the gravity that holds our universe in perfect rotation. I am one of the lucky few that have found my soul mate.

To be a better person. This area is a challenge for me, I try to find inspiration everywhere. I TRY to follow the "pay it forward" philosophy, and the rule of 10. I try my best to be courteous and kind to everyone that I encounter, in hopes that they will repay the kindness to not only me but others as well. The rule of 10 is every time I see someone smile at me, I give out 10 random smiles to others. My hope here is that if we all spend a little less time focusing on all that is not so great in our lives (and we all have it!) we would have more time to savor the joy that is there. I once heard someone say that true happiness is not getting what you want, but wanting what you get.

The key to all of this I guess is that finding inspiration is not the difficult part. The hard part is opening your eyes long enough to see it!

2 comments:

  1. I am the lucky one. Our partnership is the anchor for our family. That partnership is nothing without You. You should be proud of all that you do in one hour compared to what most accomplish in days. You are the inspiration.

    I love you,
    Your Hubby

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog... keep it up!
    I am so glad you posted this today! It is just what I needed, as I lost my job yesterday. Just reading this and being reminded of all of the positives in my family life has made me cheer up. I WILL OPEN MY EYES TO BE INSPIRED BY THE THINGS AROUND ME! I will keep smiling, following the Rule of 10, and who knows what will happen??!!

    ReplyDelete