Thursday, March 19, 2009

A Little Patients!

This week has been one that requires a lot of patients. Patients with my children and the world in general. Everyone has heard that "Patients is a virtue", and it is one that I do not posses. I am finding that no matter how much prayer goes into something, it doesn't always work out the way that would be most obvious. I believe it was Morgan Freeman that said "If you pray for patients, God doesn't make you patient, he gives you the opportunity to learn how to be more patient". Although that seems like the way it should be, it certainly isn't the easiest. After all, who wants to change their behavior? It's much easier to stay the same and simply expect the world around you to change completely.

New Mom Advice:
Try to remember that as we expect our newborns to adapt to their new surroundings, they expect us to adapt to them and thier regular routine (in utero).

Established Mom Advice:
Personally, I know I always said "I'll never do/say that when I'm a parent". Since then, I have done and said almost everything that I never thought I would. So, the advice is Never say never! Until you walk the path of all that have come before you don't make assumptions.

No comments:

Post a Comment